Saturday, November 16, 2013

Painting/sewing/painting/sewing

Today is Saturday, and for the last 7 days I have either been painting or sewing!  My son and his little family are moving into the granny flat finally ... we have waited 11 months to see his cute little face!  Even though the house is small, painting takes time. They picked 5 different colors!  One in the bathroom, and two different colors in both the living room and bedroom.  Each wall has an "accent" wall ... I was skeptical because the house is really small, but it is looking good.  We just finished the bedroom ...the only thing left is the tiny hall.  It's either going to be the same color as the living room or the bedroom ... he wasn't sure what to do with it because they kind of run into each other.  The goal tomorrow is to get all the painting crap out of there, and finish moving the rest of my sewing stuff upstairs.  The carpet cleaners are coming on Tuesday to do the whole house, so I'm not going to set my sewing room up until they have finished. 

I finished a quilt on Wednesday for a friend ... I really wanted to get it done early so she could have it for Thanksgiving ...

Isn't it beautiful?  I made the same quily ... it was a Jan Patek pattern that Catherine Hughes revamped.  Julie and I took the  class ... I made mine the wall size version, and she made the larger version.   I love mine, but I love her's more!!

I stippled the entire quilt except in the applique blocks where I did some custom quilting.

I love the turkeys ... they were my favorite part!  Each turkey got a ltitle different quilting, as well as each pumpkin.


Omni thread in top and bobbin ... this thread by Superior has become my absolute favorite.  It is very reasonably priced and quilts beautifully.  I also love that it is a thinner thread and so lasts longer in my bobbin.

While at work the other day I was eating my lunch outside ... the wind started blowing and all these leaves were dropping ...

... in San Diego there are not many trees that drop leaves, and I really miss the change of seasons.  However, on Thursday I knew it was fall in San Diego!


Then I got this cute little picture ....

Sweet Kylee does not look very happy to be dressed as a turkey.  Apparently her other Grandma was having a good time dressing her up ...

No comments: