Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Day at a Time

Friday I missed my friend's get it done class, and as my headache had finally gone away, I felt like I could do a little hand sewing.  Even though I couldn't be in class, I was with them in spirit ...
Oh how embarrassing ... There is little Todd dog hair stuck to the wool!  Good grief!  This is one of the wool banners The Country Loft did as a block of the month last year.  I wasn't going to do them but then ... When I saw the bunny for the spring I couldn't resist.
I have most of them prepped and ready to be sewn.  This was my first finish ... The one I'm working on next
I didn't pay attention to the directions when I was placing this and wound up with the bottom pieces too close to the bottom.  I haven't figured out how I'm going to solve that yet.  I knew there was no way I was ripping everything off.  I decided not to use them as banners; I'm going to rotate them out in a picture frame.  It will make a great addition to my quilting studio/sewing room.  

I think I'll go look for a frame tomorrow.  I finally feel like I can return to some normal things after Day 7 of my plague!  I have weird leg pains ...  Probably from doing nothing for 6 days.  Things I am tired of:
Television
My couch
My bed
Being alone
Well, I'm never alone ...

Sophie is usually next to me or in my lap, especially if there is a quilt involved.  She loves quilts and is a great comfort.
And then there's ...
Todd .. He never lets me forget he's around ... Seriously does he look starved for attention.  There is never enough for him!

No comments: