Friday, January 17, 2014

Longarming

Even though I wasn't busy sewing last week, I was busy longarming.  I did two quilts ... Both for the same customer.  She is a special lady and a prolific quilter.  I have quilted more of her quilts than anyone else!  First up was this scrappy quilt ...
I believe this is a pattern by Bomnie Hunter.  Judy used up a lot of her scraps
... The only fabric she purchased was sashing, border, backing and binding.  Way to go in stash busting, Judy'
I used Omni thread in top and bobbin in my favorite color, Bronco. It was free motion with a swirl and a star thrown in.  I really liked the design.

The next quilt was a pattern and class taught by my friend, Jayne Cartier.  Isn't this such a happy quilt?
While a quilt like this one looks easy, there is a lot involved in matching all those points.  Also making sure your seams are accurate so the sashing meets the block in the right place.  Judy worked really hard to accomplish that and she did a great job! 
I used Signature on top with a prewound Glide bobbin.  The combination worked wonderfully and I had great stitch quality. I did a technique called dwirling ... I start by stitching a line across the quilt and then start echoing the lines, creating curves, dips, and swirls to create interest.  It is one of my most favorite designs to stitch as it goes quickly and never looks the same.
And here my sweet little granddaughter who is 10 months old!  I love this picture because it really shows off her personality.  Have a great week.

No comments: