Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stash Report - Week 29

Okay, I failed to mention when we passed the halfway part of the year ... Yikes ... Week 29 means there are only 23 more weeks left ... Too scary ... Slap me for even mentioning it!

Remember the fabric I bought and cut while I was in Va?  Well I put all the blocks together ...


So cute, huh?  This quilt makes me so happy that I have decided to use it in my bedroom.  I was going to give it to my daughter, but I love it.  All 16 blocks are together and I do have to buy some white tomorrow for the sashing and borders.  I know I am all about using what I have, but I have nothing for it ... It has to be the white and when I bought the fabric, I forgot to buy enough for sashing.

I quickly whipped up a back so I can be ready to quilt it as soon as I get the sashing put together.  I used up all the sizeable odds and ends from the project, and luckily had about 3 yards of a pretty blue/green batik that I had bought in Kauai a few years ago ... Thank goodness or I would have had to use a fabric I didn't really think coordinated for the back.
Doesn't look so great in this picture, but it will when it is opened fully ... At least you can see that batik.

Used this Week: 10 yard
Used year to Date: 79.75 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 50.5 yards
Net Used for 2014: 29.25 yards

Finally that used total is starting to look a little better.  I will have to add some to my stash for next week because of the finishing of the above quilt, but it should
all turn right around and be used.  Know I threw several stash reports at you in one day, but now my confessions are made and I am up to date!  How about you?

No comments: