Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happenings

I have been spending a lot of time in my quilting/sewing studio. I showed you my mystery quilt but I wanted to prove that I actually did finish the binding.
It is hanging back at the Country Loft ... That's a quilt that when it comes back won't have to go in the pile "to be quilted."

I had another quilt of mine in the to be quilted pile - I dug it out, along with the back that was already made and quilted it!  I am teaching it this Friday from 10 to 1 at the Country Loft.
It's a 16 patch with some alternating framed fussy cut blocks.  I made this for me ... It's my grandma quilt for when my grand babies come to visit .. It has minky on the back and will be wonderful to snuggle under!  I know Kylee will love it when she comes!!
I did a technique on the quilt called dwirling ... You echo the previous pass and throw in some design elements for interest ... I really wanted to get this quilt done fast, so my pattern was spaced farther apart.
If I'd had the time, I would have made the design tighter and smaller since the quilt is not huge .. But I love that it is done!
 I used Glide thread in top and bobbin.  I have the binding all cut and and after class on Friday, I'll bring it home and bind it.  This quilt is just screaming to be washed so it will crinkle up.  I'll make sure I take a picture so you can see the finished product!

No comments: