Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September and back to school!

Have I said how happy I am that school is back in session ... There is such a peace that comes over me in the fall.  It is my favorite time of year and reminds me that routines are good, and a necessary part of life.  I have been busy ticking things off my to do list ... I'm currently working on my September stash class quilt ... Here's a sneak peek ...
I am loving these little stars ...
So cute!!  Stay tuned for more!  I am hard at work because it needs to be finished by Friday.

I quilted a huge quilt ... 108 x 108 ... 
I was really happy to get to the end ... It took me several days.  The customer wanted a basic pattern, so we decided on a traditional stipple.  This quilt is probably the best pieced quilt I have ever had the pleasure of quilting!!
Every seam matched, and all of her pieces had the seams pressed open!!  In the past I have never been a fan of opening seams ... but I have changed my mind!    What a pleasure it was to quilt over all those flat seams!
Look at some of these lovely blocks ...

I could just go on and on!!  I used Omni thread, and free motion quilting.
I could certainly learn some piecing techniques from my customer ... And she has only been quilting a few years!  I told her when she starts teaching. I'll be the first person to sign up!!!

No comments: