Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday doings

Took our daughter back up to school tonight. I am ever so grateful that she only goes to school 1 1/2 hours away. It is wonderful having her so close. We had a great Easter and the Easter bunny visited and brought lots of yummy goodies. I made popovers for breakfast ... Yum!

I actually quilted yesterday and was able to get a couple of small quilts done. Shhhh ... Don't tell Mindy because she is going to be so surprised I got them done. She just gave them to me on Friday .... I snuck them in. Aren't they cute? The red one is a table topper that she made using a 2 1/2 square grid; I used a tight swirl (she loves a tight design), and used Glide in top and bobbin. The green quilt I also believe she's using as a table topper. This is all fabric from the French General line ... The green is a really different color, but I like it. I made the swirl a little bigger and used the same cream Glide in top and bobbin. I did have the thread break on me once on the red quilt, but I decided it was because the tension was too tight on top.

Do you longarm? If you do, I'd love to hear from you about bobbin tension. I often have the problem where I run a test piece and the bobbin looks good. Then when I stitch through the first row and roll it up, I see little pokies ... grrrr ... The top tension isn't tight enough. It is so aggravating. What do you do to insure you don't have this problem. Please leave me a comment! Have a great Tuesday ... Don't you love my "Easter bunny?"

















No comments: