Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday thoughts

A work day today ... My attitude when I get to work is how can I make every customer that walks through our doors feel special? Some are repeat customers, some new, some visiting ... When I was a customer I loved going to the Country Loft. Not only was I inspired, and found beautiful fabrics, patterns, gifts and antiques, but what kept me coming back was the people. Kathy always greeted me with a smile and always remembered what was going on in my life. We don't know how she does it, but she remembers everything! What fabric you bought, whether you have that plate already ... It is just a mystery how she can remember all that! So .... We have all been in stores where you feel ignored and insignificant. I want to help you pick the right fabric, find out about a class, learn a new technique, or even point you in the direction of another quilt store if we don't have what you need. It's hard not to be in a good mood when you work in such a special place.

I came home to pork ribs that were in the crockpot ... That's a good way to start the evening! I decided to make some yummy muffins that I had read about on Pinterest yesterday ... Peanut butter chocolate chip ... Yummy! They are low in fat and sugar, and are packed with protein. They would be great for breakfast or a mid morning snack. There is very little fat in the muffins; they are dense and moist because of the peanut butter. It calls for chunky peanut butter which I did not have, so I used creamy peanut butter and chopped up some peanuts -- perfect! You can find the recipe here: kaitlininthekitchen.blogspot.com

Then I decided to organize my patterns ... I have all my small ones in this crappy plastic box ... I bought a nice wire basket at the store today. I grouped the patterns by season, and then patterns that aren't seasonal. At the back I have all the patterns that are not quilts; bags, pin cushions, etc. I also was ruthless and tossed a bunch of patterns out! Much better! How do you group your patterns? Random order? Alphabetical????

I'm working on a quilt for my daughter-in-law to be ... Her room is currently brown and she's going for turquoise accents. These are not my colors, and it is difficult to put a quilt together when you're out of your box. I think it's coming together well ... I picked a sashing and I never thought I would find one. I can't wait to get to that point! And I wrap up my day by looking at this picture of my sweet granddaughter ... What an angel!
















2 comments:

jayne said...

Nothing much better than having a "good day"......
Have another one today!!
Jayne

jayne said...

Nothing much better than having a "good day"......
Have another one today!!
Jayne