Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Quilting along

Well my frustrations with my machine have been taken care of for now thanks to awesome support from ABM Innova headquarters and my dealer in Utah. The original problem was my timing, and the secondary problem being my hopping foot height, and then the height of my needle bar. I seem to be back in business humming along!

Sunday I had finished a quilt for my friend, Jayne. See the beautiful pictures here ... It is her own design, and she will be teaching it on the new class schedule. Jayne likes simple quilting, so I did my signature swirly design; I used Glide in the top and bobbin. I love the simplicity of this quilt. And the blue and white fabric is so pleasing ... It is a happy quilt! And if the front isn't enough .. Look at her back ... I love it!

I was inspired to do a little cleaning out in my sewing studio by a friend that just reorganized her sewing room. So I grabbed a bin that I knew had unfinished projects in it. I decided to be ruthless and toss stuff I wasn't going to ever do. I got to the bottom of the bin and found a mostly finished block of the month from several years ago. It is a JAM pattern, Angels Surround Us. All the embroidery was done and at least half of the blocks were together. So I got inspired ... I sat down and finished the whole thing! What a great feeling to finish an unfinished project! Go grab one out of your closet and finish it! I challenge you ... You can do it! Then let me know you finished and send me a picture and I'll post it on here! So that is my first unfinished project of the year .. I am just getting started. Stay tuned!




















1 comment:

Susy said...

Way to go Colleen! I am inspired by what you have done. I'm pretty sure I can find an unfinished project somewhere in my sewing room. I accept your challenge. I would be thrilled to see my UFO on your blog. I hope this isn't as hard as loosing a pound or two! Giggle.
Cheers, Susy B.