Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Monday totals - Stash Report

Well weekly totals on Tuesday ... Monday got away from me!  I was busy trying to finish a huge quilt for a customer and I had some self-created snafus with my machine!  I was trying to clean where the bobbin was running and wound up jamming the whole thing with a big piece of batting.  It threw the timing off ... Ask any longarmer what the thing is they dread the most about maintaining their machine and they will say timing.  The hook of the mechanism has to hit the scarf of the needle at the right spot, the needle has to be close enough to the hook, and the "basket" has to be forward enough in it's place, but not too far forward.  It took me 2 hours to get it right ... Ridiculous!  I have retimed my machine no less than 8 times in the last 2 years.  That is abnormal, and I will just say that most of that was user error/misinformation!  You would think I would be better at it after so much experience ... NOT!!!

Anyway ...
Yardage out - 1/2 yard for binding.  Longarming  this week and not much sewing, 
Yardage in - the fabric buying continues ... Some backing fabric because it was 40% off ... 5 yds
Net used this year (remember my year totals just started last week!) - 9.1 used.  Still going in the right direction!  Yay ...

Would love to hear from you, your totals!

No comments: