Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Keeping Busy

Trying to work through my stack of quilts to be done and catch up.  This quilt was fun and special to do as it was for a friend's grandson.  He is a sweet little boy and I am in love with his spirit!  For some reason he reminds me of my son when he was little.  They both wear glasses and that may be what triggered that comparison ... Can I tell you how impossible it was to keep glasses on a 3 year old, and how many times we had to enlist the help of his angels to help him find the glasses?  Haha ... The second day he had them he left them on the ground and stepped on them!
This is such a simple pattern, but more appealing because of that.  I can just imagine it on my little friend's bed.
I just did a more open meander.  A boy's quilt getting a lot of wear and tear needs a design that is sturdy.
I used Omni thread in top and bobbin in the color, Flax.  
Look at how cute her back is!  It took a little math to start the quilting far enough down so there was the same amount of fabric at the top and at the bottom, centering the back just so.

It was a delight to quilt this, imagining how special it is going to be to for a very wonderful boy!

1 comment:

Angie said...

It's wonderful! I love the often overlooked "meandering" quilt design. It looks great!