Sunday, August 3, 2014

Stash Report - Week 31


Used this Week: 6.25 yard
Used year to Date: 86 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 53.25 yards
Net Used for 2014: 32.75 yards

I had a busy sewing week ... Used the 2.75 yards I bought 2 weeks ago to finish the happy quilt I started in June
Didn't it come out great?  Can't wait to quilt it ... It was smaller than I wanted it to be so my friend gave me a piece of fabric that would work for a border.  It does ... I really would have preferred a blue, but remember in our mode of using what we have, that's what I did!

I also finished my quilt top from July ... My stash buster project ...
Well that's what all these strips made at least ... Haha! I can't find the picture I took earlier.  I have one more side border, but it was 3.5 yards to finish the top ... Woo hoo!  I will show a picture later.  I will say that I had used my Accuquilt to cut a bunch of 2 1/2" strips for this project.  When I was done I still had a bunch of strips left over. .. I probably threw away a yard's worth.  I just could not save them.  My strip bins are overflowing, and sometimes you just have to be ruthless and it is ok.

No comments: