Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bright and not so bright

I made myself get busy and got a couple of quilts done last week!  Was determined to catch up to my friend who is always producing more quilts and I never have a chance to catch her!

First up is a beautiful quilt made with Kaffe Fassett fabrics
Very challenging all those diamonds and bias fabrics
Didn't want to take away from the lovely design so I just did my little swirl.  I used a beautiful Superior King Tut variegated thread in a rose color.  Glide in the bobbin.
You can see the thread color here.


Yummy colors ... So happy!  

The next quilt is a beautiful French general print quilt.  I love FG!
It is such a classic looking quilt.  I wanted to really give it some texture.  
I chose to do a flower that I saw in the design is one of the prints.  Well, my version of the flower at least ... A flower with a couple little vines and then a squiggle over to repeat the design.
Really happy with the way it came out.  It took a long time because the design was tight, and on the small side.
Love this quilt!  You can see the design better on the back of the quilt.  I used a Signature cotton thread on top, and Omni in the bobbin.

I have mentioned before how much I love Superior Threads.  I use them almost exclusively.  My favorite being Omni; if price was not a factor I would use their King Tut thread ... A beautiful Egyptian cotton.  Honestly, I want to drench myself in some of those colors.  Check their website out at http://www.superiorthreads.com.  They have great information on their site as well!  And they are super nice to boot!  If you ever get to St. George, Utah, make sure to stop and check their warehouse out.  You will not believe your eyes!  This is not a paid advertisement, I am just a happy customer!  If someone can tell me how to type a name in and link a web address
to it, that would be great!

See her little pancake turner?  I think she's going to love cooking like her daddy.

No comments: