Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Finally did it!

 I finally quilted a quilt on my longarm last week.  I cannot even explain to you the longarming funk I have been in.  It hasn't been this bad for a really long time.  I threatened myself and managed to knock this out last week for my friend ... It felt good to have a finish.
This was a delight to quilt because it was a flannel top and back.  I love how quilting soaks into flannel!
I free handed a circle swirl to give it texture.  There is a lot of pattern and color going on in the quilt, so I wanted the quilting to blend into the background.
Some large circles, some smaller ... Like the differences ... After all, I am not a machine, so they will all be different!  Used my favorite Omni thread in a new color to me, Cinnamon Stick.
I love how it showed up against the dark colors, and looked equally great on the light.
Glad to have this quilt to do ... She did a great job.  Now onto the next one!

2 comments:

Churn Dash said...

Love the colours of the quilt and the textures of the quilting.

Helen

paulette said...

WOW!! You did an amazing job!!