Tuesday, July 28, 2015

One of my own ...

Has anyone noticed that I have not been posting my stash reports?  Well ... I have taken a short break from them, and promise to catch up in a couple of weeks.  Although I haven't been posting by week, I have been keeping track of what I use, and have purchased no fabric in the last couple months ... Yep, you read that correctly!  Haha!!!

I finally got to quilt one of my own quilts a couple weeks ago ... Remember this from last year?  I made it over the summer while my daughter was home recouping from pneumonia.


This has turned into one of my favorite quilts.  I love the color combination.
A lot of these taupe fabrics I got for sale on the Bunny Hill website ... I didn't know what I was going to use them for, but they were too good of a deal to pass up!
One of my favorites in this quilt is the gray with black polka dots ... called Little Black Dress from Moda.
I used Suoerior Omni thread in a tan color ... Free motion stippling.  For my own quilts, I seldom choose something intricate.  I really like an all over, simple pattern, and am so excited to just get it done!  The stipple is a very easy pattern for me ... It's the quickest one ... I can crank it out pretty fast!
Love the back as much as the front!
I was not happy, however, to find I hadn't prepared any binding.  Not a problem ... After I trimmed it, I used all my leftover scraps for the binding!
Made even easier using my 2 1/2" accucquilt die ... Presto magic
...
I stagger the colors and before you know it it's getting sewn down ...
Now comes the fun stuff, hand sewing the binding to the back.
Thanks for letting me gush about one of my own quilts!!

1 comment:

Carolyn S. said...

Nice Colleen! I love the "Little Black Dress" line. bought a bunch when it came out, and immediately recognized your dots.
Looks like such a lovely comfy quilt. Nice job.