Monday, July 9, 2012

Hello friends, I'm back!

Well finally home after an amazing trip ... that was probably one of the better ones we have taken.  I can tell you that if you ever get a chance you should definitely visit the Greek islands ... they are beautiful, the people are welcoming and lively, and you will most surely have a relaxing vacation.  We sure did.

I'll tell you about it as I go along over the next few weeks as things pop into my head ... I took about 40 pics or so ... my daughter took 500+!!  Ha, ha ... She has an awesome camera and loves to take pictures and that she did.  I just recently got an iPhone (I swore I never would!), so that was the only camera I used.  I have to say that I love that camera and I think it does at least as good a job as my Olympus.

My daughter's graduation was beautiful, exhausting and emotional!  My brother, sis in law and their two boys came from Chicago, and my dad and stepmother came from Florida.  I had set the week aside with nothing else to do except hang with the family, but the days went extremely fast and I was pooped!  A good kind of pooped though.  We did a lot of shopping with my dad and s-mom, and they spoiled us tremendously.  They haven't visited for a long time (we usually go visit them), so it was really exciting to have everyone here.  The only person that was missing from my family was my youngest brother and his family -- they live in Virginia, and I just haven't been able to get them out here ... at least not yet!

Here is my beautiful graduate ... my baby girl ... please allow me to brag a lot ... she graduated with honors
The boys brought her a lei for graduation and I thought that was really special because we had just been in Hawaii and everyone had leis for our son's grad.

The graduate with her oh so proud parents!
With Nana
With brother

me, stepmom, dad, son, hubby, grad, brother, mom; front row - twin nephews and sis in law
The graduate in her beautiful dress that was hiding under the gown!
I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but everything in San Diego is very casual ... you can tell from the pics of my family that pretty much anything goes as far as dress.  I saw some people dressed in clothes I would maybe wear to a baseball game or something like that. 

Graduation was on Thursday, and we left the next day for Greece.  That was not very good planning on my hubby's part, but he did it on purpose.  He always likes to be back for the 4th of July, and that was the only way to accomplish that.

Okay, off to try and get my quilting rooms coordinated ... with the arrival of son and girlfriend from college I'm trying to consolidate two sewing rooms into one so son can have one room, and girlfriend the other.  I currently have sewing stuff in my downstairs hall, upstairs hall, what used to be my sewing room, and the granny flat (cottage) where my longarm is ... ugh!  Been putting this project off, but I can't do that any longer.  I'm glad to be back and I hope you all are enjoying your summers ... and if you live where all this terrible heat is, I hope you are finding ways to stay cool!


1 comment:

jayne said...

So glad you had such a great trip! Sounds wonderful! What a wonderful way to start a summer....You were certainly missed by the gang here in San Diego. We are happy to have you back in the neighborhood :)