Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Stash Report - Week 44

I made a little progress this week .. Got another Halloween quilt made.  Now if you know me, I have more Halloween quilts than any other.  But I have so much halloween fabric so I must make more quilts!  I whipped out this 44" x 44" quilt in very little time, and made a cute pieced back.

Used this Week: 5.25 yards

Used year to Date: 118.25 yards

Added this Week:  0 yards

Added Year to Date: 77 3/4 yards

Net Used for 2014: 40.50 yards


Look at that adorable border!!  Of course there is a story to go with it.  I took a class from my sweet friend, Donna Yackey years ago and bought this fabric to make the quilt.  I never made the quilt; I used half the fabric last week to make a pillowcase to hold my grand daughter's Halloween quilt.  I knew that leftover piece of fabric would make an adorable border ... Well guess what it just so happened that I had just exactly the right amount left!


I was 8" short on the top and bottom borders; I took two equal 4" pieces and sewed them to either end of each border.  So cute as it roughly says Happy Halloween and they look like cornerstones and that I planned them that way!  Yippee!!!!

And that my friends is why you use what you have!  Because you never know what sweet results you will come out with!  Speaking of sweet ...
Our little cupcake had a great time trick-or-treating!  Five houses and she wanted to keep going, but she stepped in a gigantic puddle ... In MI it was snowing!  I love this little girl's spirit ... Reminds me so much of her daddy!!!!

No comments: