Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stash Report - Week 46

Well I have been churning out little nine patches with my stash of brown and beige fabrics ... 
Woo hoo .., look at that ... It doubled in size!  I have made 120 nine patch blocks ... That means 1,080 2 1/2" squares ... Wow!  It doesn't feel like that many.  It really has been fun!  I only have about 48 more blocks to make!  Double woo hoo!! Right now my plan is 12 blocks across and 14 blocks down .... That will give me about a 72" x 84" quilt.  Then I am just going to add one border all around.  At least that is the plan now.  You never know what it will turn out like!  I still have to buy border fabric because I don't have enough of anything in my stash.
My favorite fabric is the light with the flower almost right in the center.  It was part of an old jelly roll, and I love the print and colors.  I also love that with so many small prints, this large one really stands out.

There are two spots just in this picture where I have the same two prints right adjoining each other!  Even though I carefully laid these out ... Ah well!  It happens a few more times, and does not bother me enough to rip out and move.

Used this Week: 3 yards
Used year to Date: 128.25 yards
Added this Week:  0 yards
Added Year to Date: 77 3/4 yards
Net Used for 2014: 50.50 yards

Love that I have used 128 1/4" yards out of my stash this year ... That is a whole lot of fabric!!
 
I have to put this aside for about a week. I am on my way tomorrow to visit and babysit my darling granddaughter, while her other grandmother goes on vacation.  I'm sure I'll post a few pictures from Michigan!


No comments: