Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's, uncles, father figures and special men out there that are so important in our lives.  Sometimes I think in this world where we can have it all and do whatever we want, we forget the importance of dads.  My own father wasn't around a lot when I was young as he was in the military and traveled a lot.  Dad's were different when I was growing up.  Their job was to provide for their families, not be so hands on as they are now.  Then when I was a teen my parents divorced. I didn't know him very well until I was an adult, where we built our relationship and really got to know each other.  I love my dad ... I am so grateful to have had the chance to really get to know him.  He had always been a strong support for me, even when I didn't think he was.  Thank you Dad for being my father ... I love your crazy sense of humor, your embarrassing outbursts in public, your commitment to your family and quite simply, just being my dad.  I love you.

No comments: