Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Deliveries; stitching, a finish and sales

Got my box of Luna chocolate covered coconut power bars in the mail today ... I love ordering over the internet because I LOVE getting boxes ... it's just like my birthday!

Protein bars are one of my weapons in eating right.  These taste like an almond joy candy bar ...

I particularly like them frozen because it takes longer to eat ... it's a great choice for a snack ... 190 calories, 9 grams of protein, 7 grams of fat, 25 grams of carbs ... crunchy, chewy and sweet ... you've got it all!

Time to get some sewing done today and try to drag myself up out of the little slump I've been in ... I'm teaching a class on the Cotton Club block of the month.  It starts next week ... once a month you can come and work on your blocks for that month and get a little help.  I decided in order to refresh my memory (since I started this quilt several months ago), I would do the blocks alongside the students, and that way it would be fresh in my mind.

Blocks 6 and 7 ... I really loved the way my original quilt came out, but this time around I'm trying to just use fabrics I have.  Kind of imitating the color scheme, but doing it a little different.  It will be fun to see how it comes out!

Close up block 6

Close up block 7
I have two more blocks to make, but this is a great start, and sure helped my mental health!
I finally trimmed my friend's quilt and decided to snap a picture of it ... I don't think she would mind


I just did an all-over design ... actually the same kind of design I used on the Cotton Club quilt.  I played around with my tension.,  I was talking with my friend Darby a couple of weeks ago, and she told me when she does the drop bobbin test for her bobbin, it is really loose ... so I decided to loosen the bobbin tension, and that seems to have helped.  I'm going to run two different colored threads on Friday, and use my TOWA gauge and get this straightened out.  If you run a dark thread in the bobbin and a light thread on top, it is much easier to see where your adjustments need to be made.

My final thought for the day ... while reading one of my favorite websites this a.m., I came across this little nugget:

<<This is what you can find on sale the month of February

National Canned Food Month: canned fruit, vegetables, pie fillings, soups, meats:  tuna, chicken, salmon
Super Bowl Sunday: soda pop, chips, dips, cheese, sandwich items, crackers, snacks, wings, cut fruit & veggie trays
National Hot Breakfast Month: oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, frozen waffles, syrup, waffle & pancake mix, hash browns, bacon, sausage
Valentine’s Day: boxed and bar chocolate, lubricants & KY jelly, perfume, cards, stuffed animals, gift sets, wine/sparkling cider, flower arrangements, candles
Seasonal Produce: artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, collards, grapefruit, kale, oranges, parsnips, pears, potatoes, turnips>>

This is a post from the website krazycouponlady.com

1 comment:

QuiltedSquid said...

Looks great...love the vintage look!