Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Friends and family

I went to my friend's house today for a yummy lunch and a little bit of sewing.  It was so much fun ... I haven't done that in so long.  It's great to get together with friends that you share the love of home, family, food, sewing ... all the basics ... the things that mean the most to me.  She made me a wonderful lunch and it was just really revitalizing to be able to sit and chat and get a little hand sewing done.  I finished (finally) the binding on a quilt that I made probably over the summer.  I should have taken a picture of it, but it's in the dryer right now ... it's going to go on my bed!  I thought I had a picture of it somewhere, but I don't!

I went out to dinner with one of my sweet friends tonight and then we went to see my daughter in her play.  I loved that my friend asked to go see the play ... we've known each other since our girls were in kindergarten and its amazing that they are seniors in high school now.  The play was better tonight than the first night (my daughter said "I told you it would be.").  The really nice thing was that it was a packed house and the audience really reacted well to the production.  Totally a different energy than the first night we went.  I had a great time and I could watch it over and over again!  My husband and I are going to take my mom and her good friend on closing night, Saturday.

BTW ... my friend that I saw for lunch was totally surprised that I had finished her quilt and loved it... well of course she loved it!

1 comment: