Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ta da!!

The quilt is done!  I even amazed myself on this one ... I am surprised that I got it done in just a couple of days.  This is the biggest quilt I've done and it was really easy to handle ... I didn't particularly love floating the top, but other than that, it was easy as could be.  She had used a really heavy backing ... almost like drapery fabric.  I told her that my machine could handle it and then after I told her that, I was hoping I wasn't wrong.  The machine handled it beautifully ... there was a little funny noise now and then going over the seams on the back, but that is expected because of the thickness.  I think she'll be really pleased with it, and especially happy to get it back tomorrow.  I'm sure she didn't think I would turn it around so quickly.  Whew, now I only have one more to go ...


I layed it on my California king and it is plenty big enough.  I was getting a little nervous about the cone of thread I was working with because it was getting smaller and smaller ... I sure didn't want to have to run out and try to match the color at the one local store ... this is the smallest cone of thread I own.  I've been longarming for 1 year and 10 months and I am about to run out of my first thread ... what an event!

I finally got the thread for the last quilt yesterday in the mail, so I'm going to get that loaded and start quilting on it tomorrow.  I'll either have it finished tomorrow or Friday.  She had said a stipple was good, but I got a pantograph with some designs and stars, and I think that would look good on a kid's quilt, so I think I might try that.  Off to read my email and then to bed.

1 comment:

jayne said...

Fantastic job!!!! Another milestone in your progess :) She will just love it because she certainly does not look at blogs - ha ha!

Well done Colleen!