Thursday, December 29, 2011

On the fifth day of Christmas ...

I went to work today and ... are you ready for this ... I FINALLY FINISHED my last block in the block of the month I've been working on.  Yippee and Snoopy dance big time!  Such a relief ... I brought the fabric home to cut the setting triangles and sashing ... it's just too hard to do that at the store with a lot of commotion going on.  All this and while helping my high school student who has been working on a quilt for her senior project for the last couple months, machine quilt her top.  As promised, finally some pictures ...
This block 43 (there are 45), and this is the one I did at home in the last couple days.  These are 5 1/2 inch blocks, 5 inch finished ... so cute!  The quilt was made in a certain line of fabric that really is shades of reds and browns, but my/our quilt is totally scrappy.  I used two lines of fabric, American Spirit by Wyndham Fabrics, and Cotton Club by Marcus Brothers.

Mindy, my coworker and friend, always teases me on Thursdays because I make such a mess with this quilt spreading it all out ... there is no way to make a scrappy quilt without spreading it out to see what you have!

My stuff is at the bottom of this picture; today Mindy was working on a store sample, and her machine (and Starbuck's cup!), was across from me.

Want to see more? ...

This pile ...

Made this block ... block number 44.  See my post it note in the bottom right corner?  All the blocks have a post it note pinned on so I know what block it is.  I figured it would really help identify them when I have to put it all together.

And the last block, block 45.  I think it was great fun that the last two blocks were really, really scrappy and just half square triangles .. no real complicated piecing there. 

No Traveling Thursday post today ... I just didn't have any time to travel anywhere this week to tell you about any new sites!  Ha, ha ... happy almost Friday! 

1 comment:

QuiltedSquid said...

Great looking block...super tiny!