Thursday, December 22, 2011

What I love

I decided not to do a Traveling Thursday post ... there is probably so much going on for everyone with the holiday preparations, that you don't have time to go visit another blog.  I'll start with that again after the beginning of the year.  I worked today and tried to finish this Cotton Club block of the month that I've been working on for a few months.  I am so close ... just 3 blocks to go!  I had Kathy and Mindy help me pick out the setting triangles and two different colors for the sashing.  I'm really excited to start putting all the 45 blocks together.  I'll take a picture when I finish all the blocks and start assembling it.  I brought it home with me to finish the blocks.  Its so hard to get a lot done when I'm at the store ... I can always get twice as much done here when I'm uninterrupted.  Of course any sewing won't be happening until after Christmas!

One of the things I love about the Christmas season is Christmas music and Christmas movies.  I could sit all day and watch Christmas movies!  It seems like there used to be more on, but I sure have had a hard time the last couple years finding them on t.v.  I love having the DVR and being able to record a movie.  A couple of weeks ago I googled TMC and AMC and bookmarked them to look at their schedules.  Every morning I look up the schedule of movies for the day.  So far this year all I've found is Christmas with the Kranks, Holiday Inn, A Christmas Carol and White Christmas (my favorite!).  Apparently I missed Its A Wonderful Life ... someone told me it was on already.  Somehow I also have not seen Miracle on 34th Street, which it seems like last year was on all the time.  We have the movie Elf on DVD, but I haven't seen that advertised either.  Of course Christmas eve they always play A Christmas Story over and over again.  I would rather they have a huge movie marathon instead of the same movie.  Hmm ... wonder if I'm missing any other movies? 

I also could listen to Christmas carols all day long!  My favorite CD is Nat King Cole ... I drive my family crazy with it because they don't have the same love as I do ... ha, ha!  He was such a crooner and I love the tone of his voice.  I think my favorite Christmas carol is O Holy Night.  I used to sing it all the time when I was a teenager ... quite loudly and dramatically at some family gatherings ... just ask my cousin! 

Okay, enough ramblings for the day ... what are the things you love about the holiday season?

No comments: