Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday driving

We drove up to Los Angeles last night to see an L.A. Kings hockey game.  Everyone in my family is a huge fan, except me ... it's not that I'm not a fan, its just that I don't understand hockey.  It's fast, it's exciting, but I don't watch it a lot.  It is really fun to go to the games though because the fans and crowd are just rowdy!  We had excellent seats and I sat next to an older gentleman that was really nice.  He kept commenting on the game and looking to me for validation ... I just acted like I knew what I was talking about and agreed with whatever he said!  It was pretty funny ... if only he knew I had no clue!  We spent the night near the airport since our darling son had to be at the airport at about 7:30 a.m. to fly back to Hawaii.  We got him there, and he got back to Hawaii, safe and sound.  Hurray ...
Their logo!
It was a pretty quick trip, but we travel a lot, and are used to just going away for a night or two.  Both the dogs came ... they love traveling.  Charlie has been with us for about 6 years, and he's used to these trips.  When the suitcases start going in the car, he jumps in too ... wants to make sure he is not left behind.  Sophie we've only had for a year, so she's only made a couple of trips.  She loves them though, and is proving to be a pretty good traveler.  When we got home today, she went right back into the car and laid up across the back seat ... ready to go again!

On the way home we stopped at the University of California Irvine campus as darling daughter is in the middle of submitting UC applications for next fall.  They are due the end of the month, and she is just finalizing everything.  All the campuses she is interested in are in southern California and they are all lovely.  I think no matter where she goes she will have an awesome experience.  She had fun looking around and imagining her life in a year!

The bad news on the quilting front is I am now two quilts behind on my calendar ... I was supposed to get one done on Friday, and one done on Saturday.  Neither have been started ... I did order the thread for the one I was going to do on Friday, and talked to the customer to okay that it would be another week before it was done.  I told her that I didn't have the perfect color thread, and rather than just go with second best, I would rather wait on this different color ... she said it sounded great.  The other quilt is laying on the frame, and I'll start that one tomorrow.  It should be pretty quick, so I think I can make up the time this week.  I am not bummed about this though because that's life ... I'm doing the best I can.  I was the one that made up the calendar and projected how long it would take to do all these quilts.  I just gave myself a goal of 3 to 4 a week, being done by the 3rd, so I wasn't quilting into December.  I think if I just put my head down and push ahead, that I can still make the goal ... maybe pushing it to the 4th or 5th.  Of course I'll let you know my progress.  Goals are great, but life is to be enjoyed and I can't get the time back with my family ... so the family always comes first!  Plus if I hadn't been having such a good time on Black Friday, I could have gotten one of the quilts out of the way!!  Ha, ha ...
On a totally random note ... isn't this a cute picture?  I found it today while I was reading up on all the blogs I've missed the last couple of days.  It reminded me of when I was a kid ... my mom always used to call me chatty Cathy, and this is what I envision chatty Cathy looking like!

No comments: