Monday, March 5, 2012

Beautiful Monday

We are surely blessed to live in this beautiful area ... yes, our gas is averaging about $4.40 a gallon for regular unleaded, and the water bills are sky high, but today it was in the 80's!  I needed to get some work done at my sewing machine ... I'm teaching the Cotton Club block of the month class tomorrrow and I needed to have my samples of the four blocks done.  But it was just too pretty to not spend some time outside!

While I was busy pulling weeds and pruning some plants ... look what I discovered on my tomato plants ...

 ... just the tomatoes, not the bunny!!  I know it's not tomato season, but I planted the plant a couple of months ago and at least its growing and green ... that was all I cared about.  I'll try one of the tomatoes tomorrow and see whether it tastes any good.  While I was making everything nice and neat in the yard, I turned around and the official Country Loft dog, had done this ...

. . . then he'll go in the house and lay down on the floor, and I wonder where all the piles of dirt come from inside ... it's like having a little kid around!

I did finish the quilt I had on the frame ... yahoo!  This is a quilt pattern that I've done before ... she just wanted something really simple and fast on it ...

YLI on top, Glide in the bobbin

After class tomorrow I'll come home and get another quilt on the frame ... and enjoy some more of that San Diego sunshine!

2 comments:

QuiltedSquid said...

Looks beautiful...quilting blends nicely!!

jayne said...

I love the dogs daily workout! Remember - it takes tons of energy to dig!
The quilt looks super too! Another success!!!!