Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm here!

Did you miss me???  Well I sure missed you!!!  I cannot believe it's been over a week since I've been here in blog land.  What a crazy week ... I have lots of pictures to show, and stories to tell.  I'll break it up over a few days so I don't totally overwhelm you!  But that will have to start tomorrow.  I'm just done tonight.  We have a child graduating from high school this year and one graduating from college.  Our son goes to college in Hawaii, so we're trying to plan for him to come home and there are a few complications.  It's just waying heavy on my heart at the moment with both of our kids ... I know that parenting is the hardest job in the world, but what continues to surprise me is how difficult it still is the older they become.  Older means more complex problems ... I find myself unsure at times of what I'm actually doing and surprised because at this point, I didn't think I could feel that way anymore ... I'm an old hand at this.  :::::sigh::::::  Love my kids very much of course and I am so proud of them ... I know we'll work everything out, but right now everything is churning around in my head.  I think I'm going to start reading my new book and go soak in the bath ... that sounds like a good plan!  Thank goodness for quilting ... didn't get to do any sewing today, and maybe that's part of my problem.  Isn't it wonderful how we can either sit at our machines or stand at our longarms and just get lost in the joy of creating?  It takes so much concentration to quilt that before long we have eased some of our troubles, and worked our problems out.  Tomorrow, I'll start a quilt that's on my frame ... that will help. 
This is a photo I stole from my cousin's Facebook page ... it is just so perfect ... that's how I feel today!!  Be back tomorrow with more giddy up in my step!

2 comments:

jayne said...

Giddy up in your step is a "good" thing!! but stopping to catch up with yourself is also good!

Have a great day!

cardinal said...

I was just starting to worry about you. Take care of yourself and don't forget to breathe!
(I forgot about that picture, and it has me giggling.)