Sunday, September 18, 2011

Checked and done

This is going to be a short post tonight.  I'm exhausted.  Today was my mom's birthday and it is always up to me as the only daughter to make it wonderful.  Of course I had left cake making, shopping, etc. all for today.  Here was my list for the day, and it all got done ...

1.  Go to grocery store and buy supplies for pineapple upside down cake
2.  Go and get presents
3.  Sew borders on apron strings quilt
4.  Make cake
5.  Wrap presents
6.  Write pattern for beginning quilting class tomorrow

11:30 at night and all is done.  The pattern needs some drawings, but I'm going to have to save that for tomorrow morning because my brain is just done!  We took my mom out to dinner with a friend of her's.  Imagine a 74 year old and an 82 year old ... now as far as I'm concerned, age is a state of mind, but my mom was old about 20 years ago.  I was going crazy with the two of them.  My mom's friend is a real go getter (she's the 82 year old), but she has issues with walking, so between the two of them I was afraid someone was going to trip and fall.  I'm so exhausted.  Glad this day is over with.  Everyone that takes my class tomorrow is going to have pineapple upside down cake ... it is yummy.  I have a picture, but my darling daughter put it on the other computer, and I'm too lazy to transfer it over here!

No comments: