Monday, September 12, 2011

Strings and Missouri

I made great progress today on two different projects.  One of my students on Saturday, Judy, said she can't believe how fast time goes when she is sewing.  Her husband will say "hey, when are we having dinner?"  I feel the same way about my time when I sew ... I sat down at about 10:30 a.m. today and started sewing on my apron strings quilt ... I looked at the clock and it was 12:30 p.m.  This is a sampling of one of the blocks ...
Isn't this coming out cute?  It's a totally scrappy quilt, but I can control the scrappiness.  It will be interesting what it looks like when it's all together ... I have about half of it done.  The second thing I was working on was one of my projects that is on my "list of ten" things that I want to finish this year.  It is the Across the Wide Missouri block of the month from last year ... I got another month done!  I am so close to putting the whole thing together.

I don't do a lot of applique anymore, and I always have a hard time turning those little curvy tree edges ... even using the freezer paper and spray starch method, I cannot figure out how to get my edges without little fraying parts ... grrr!  But I'm totally happy with what I got done today.

So what do you love to do, and so much so that you lose track of the time when you're doing it?????

No comments: