Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering ...

It seems disrespectful today to mention anything else besides remembering 10 years ago ... I was getting the kids ready for school and had the radio on as I usually did.  What I heard was just not making sense, so I went into the living room and turned on the television.  The footage was awful.  The twin towers had fallen, and it was a terrorist attack.  The shock, the fear ... how did I send the kids to school that day?  They were 7 and 11 ... I had to send them to keep everything normal.  Never would this day be normal for us again.

So 10 years later, I will spend my day remembering, praying, and celebrating the amazing United States of America that we live in ... proud to be an American, a wife, a mother, and supporter of our military.  Grateful to all the people that became regular, everyday heros on that day 10 years ago, and never forgetting that freedom is not free.  God Bless America!

No comments: