Monday, September 19, 2011

Ribbit, ribbit

Do you know what that sound is?  No, it is not the sound of a frog, it's the sound of my seam ripper!  I finished the borders on the apron strings quilt last night and as soon as I saw it done, I hated it.  Hated the outside border ... it was gold and just way too boring for the quilt.  So I ripped it off and was left with just the inner, black print border.
I taught a class today at the store, and took the quilt in to pick a border fabric.  I really was trying to go right out of my stash, but I just didn't have a big enough piece of something that had a nice print to it to give some interest.  Here's a small picture of the fabric I found ... it's a civil war print ...

Every time  I took a picture of it, the lines in the fabric made a design in the picture, so you'll just have to wait until I sew it onto the quilt tomorrow to see a better picture.

I have this quilt and one for Kathy that I need to get on the longarm.  The plan is to put my quilt on there tomorrow, and then do Kathy's.  It's been a couple of weeks since I did anything on the longarm, so I'll put my quilt on first so I can warm up on it, before doing her's.

Here is the BOM block that I am furiously hand sewing to finish.  I hate these dang leaves.  I did a terrible job on the applique with them, and I'm having to correct it as I stitch.



And finally ... I leave you this evening with a picture of Sophie ... the brat dog ... the only way to get her to sit long enough in one spot is to bribe her with a cookie.  She kept running through the picture when I was trying to take one of my quilt, so I think she was trying to say "take a picture of me!'

WOOF!  Aren't I cute???

1 comment:

Carolyn S. said...

it looks great Colleen, even without a border!