Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm still here

Hi friends ... I have been sick for the last two days which is why I haven't posted anything.  The last thing I did was Monday ... I sewed a bunch of nine patch blocks I am making for the Christmas quilt I mentioned.  I pressed those and got them all set to be joined together, and then started feeling poorly in the stomach area.  Then Tues. I woke up not feeling great, and then with a huge headache.  Then the body aches started ... usually this only lasts about a day, but I woke up today and that headache just would not budge.  How can three tylenol not make a dent in a headache?  I HATE being sick ... I don't have time.  Although my family tries to help out, it's just not the same ... no one empties and loads the dishwasher, wipes the counters, does the laundry, etc.  Okay ... so I have done next to nothing for two whole days now.  I figured the best way to get better was to listen to my body.  I'm going to work tomorrow so I am willing myself to be better!  On the plus side, my daughter's dog, Sophie, layed with me all day yesterday and today.  My dog, Charlie, is usually right by my side, but because Sophie is small and allowed on the sofa, I think she was letting me know that she was here for me!  So cute!!

3 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I hope you feel better soon! =)

When I used to have crushing migraines, my dog, Clay, would lay with me the whole time i slept. I love that about my animals.

Carolyn S. said...

poor thingy! I hope you are feeling much improved.
I think this will get you to my blog:
http://demandingcatquilts.blogspot.com/
I'm not ready for prime time as they used to say on SNL, but I'd welcome your input on what I've got so far.
Thanks!
Carolyn

colleencl said...

Thanks Amy and Carolyn. At least I made it to work today ... that was something! =:)