Sunday, October 30, 2011

Applique ... ho, hum

Well, my goal for today was to finish the applique and finish figuring the measurements for the Christmas pattern.  I didn't get either done.  I got halfway done on the applique, and didn't get the measurements done at all.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how much I do, it seems like I am just treading water.  Do you ever feel like that?  It's that old saying ... the faster I go, the faster behind I am!  I don't get it ... so it's late Sunday night and I am feeling disappointed that I didn't get done what I wanted to, and I feel like I'm just falling farther and farther behind.  It's probably because I'm tired and I need to go to bed!  Happy Halloween tomorrow ... my friends and I are going to be nurses (a dorky costume my friend bought from JoAnn's ... a nurse hat and a silly apron ... what nurse wears an apron?), and our friend, Bill that we have coffee with, he's going to be a doctor.  It should be fun ... we just dress up and go to Starbuck's in the a.m.  Last year all us girls were Bill ... we fooled him and said we were going to be angels and he was supposed to be the devil.  He showed up with a pitchfork and devil ears, and we all had faces that were his picture -- it was funny because he was looking for us and all he could see were pictures of himself!  He didn't get it at first, but then it clicked.  The year before that we were "bunnies" and he was Hugh Hefner ... he had a pipe and a smoking jacket.  We just like to have fun with him ... he's such a nice guy and we've been having coffee with him for many years now!  Are you dressing up????  Have a spooky, fun day, whatever you do!

No comments: