Monday, October 3, 2011

Successful day

Well I went on my shopping trip today and had mega success.  Often I've found that when there are great sales on things, and good coupons, everyone has been there before me to reap the rewards!  I found everything I was looking for.  I went to CVS, Target, Rite-Aid, Walgreen's and Von's.  I managed to get $239.44 worth of wonderful things for $109.87 ... that is a 54% savings!  Not free like they show on Extreme Couponing, but awesome, nonetheless.  Everything went smooth as could be ... I spent a couple hours last night writing what I was going to purchase, how much of each, the price before coupons and after, how many $$$ in coupon I had and what I was expecting to pay after coupons.  This helped me stay on track so I knew if things were being rung in correctly.  I had an envelope for each store with my coupons in the envelope.  It only took a minimal amount of time in each store, but the entire trip still took about 2 hours, from start to finish.  I would have done better % wise, but I hit a little snafu in Rite Aid and it didn't ring out as it should have.  There will be another $10 worth of savings there ... I have to go back and have it adjusted.  On top of that, a lot of these items that I bought today will qualify for a rebate that will earn me another $10.

My loot!
My husband came home and said "oh no, it's happening again!"  He is referring to years ago when I went totally crazy couponing.  I assured him I wasn't going to be as bad as before.  Here are a few of my best deals today:  Rite-Aid Scope mouthwash, regular price was $4.00; I got it free with a coupon and their "up bucks."  Also at Rite-Aid Pert shampoo free with coupon and Up bucks; Crest toothpaste $2.59 free with coupon and rebate.  Walgreen's has Cottonelle for $5, with store coupon, manufacturers coupon and their "bucks" program a 12 pk only cost $3.50; Cold Calm tablets were $6.99 with their $7.00 bucks they paid me .01 to buy it!  CVS I spent the most money ... some of my best deals there were Hershey's candy bags were $1.98 on sale and with a coupon and their "bucks" back, they were only 90c a bag.  I stocked up and got 6 making it a cheap halloween!  I also got All laundry detergent after coupons for only $2.99 for 32 oz.  At Target I scored free Cover girl blush totalling $7.48 ... they were free after coupons and they even paid me .52 to buy them; also at Target Milk Bone boxes were $2.41 a piece and I got two for .66 each after coupons; Oil of Olay regenerist wipes normally $5.99 after coupons were only $1.99, and I got two boxes.  At Von's I bought Kraft mac and cheese for only 69 cents a box.  I bought 8.  I love the SoBe zero calorie drinks and they were on sale and with a coupon I bought 10 for .79 each; they usually cost me $1 a piece on sale.  I was so proud of myself and happy.  I can see how you go crazy with this though ... it also does take quite a bit of time. 

So in my charity pile I have two toothbrushes and one bottle of shampoo from today's loot.  Also going to my son (which is really charity too!) who is in school in Hawaii (do you know how expensive it is to shop in Hawaii?) 4 boxes of mac and cheese, one bottle of mouthwash, one electric toothbrush, one box of dental floss, one box of ColdCalm, one small container of dish soap, 6 packages of single load Tide and one pack of gum.  Thank goodness for flat rate shipping!  Even with the $10 the box will cost to mail it's a deal.  Hope I haven't bored you too much with all the details, but you can always not read it, right.  And I'll never know ... ha, ha!  Now the bad thing about this is I got no sewing done yet today!  It's about 5:00 p.m. and I'm going to try and get a little done later, probably after dinner.  Teriyaki chicken on the grill tonight.

Remember I said I was going to fix up my patio and get plants for my birthday present?  Here it is
 The chair covers are new and the rug is new.  Everything else I had.  This weekend when my husband's friends are visiting, I'm going to make them move the hideous treadmill that has been setting in the back of the patio for a couple years.  Maybe my antique table will go back there with what on it,  I don't know.
Here are my cute plants just waiting to be planted ... I can't ask dear hubby to do it because he has been weeding in the yard for forever.  I'll take a picture when I get them all in.  Have a great night!  P.S.  Thanks for the nice birthday wishes!!

No comments: