Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday sewing

Well I made it to the store today, and luckily had friends to talk to while I finished turning all my stars for applique.  Here's a picture of them ...
Just in case you are wondering, there are 16 blocks.  They are 8 1/2" blocks, so the stars are pretty big.  I am almost done sewing them down.  I have about 2 1/2 left which I'll get done tonight.  I don't know why, but it seems like my sewing went faster today than the last couple of days.  Combined with all the hearts (I don't even remember how many of those there are), that's a lot of applique.  I can see the end of this quilt, and I am so looking forward to having it done!!!

Now along the line of my couponing ... I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now.  I have amassed a small pile of stuff ... gotten great deals on toothpaste (50c a piece), toilet paper and laundry detergent.  I also have a box started for the food bank ...

A couple boxes of Cheerios, 4 boxes of mac and cheese, a couple of boxes of graham crackers, Pert Shampoo, a couple of toothbrushes and a couple of flosses.  I hope to add a lot more to this very shortly.  I figure if I can put a box together once a month, or once every couple months, I will feel great about helping out. 

We've had some drama in our house today, so I'll be happy when this Monday is over.  Looking forward to a sunny Tuesday!

No comments: