Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sewing Saturday

Well hello again!  So what I didn't sew on yesterday, I made up for today!  It has been almost 3 weeks since I've been at my longarm.  I always feel a little rusty when that much time has gone by between quilting sessions.  I have a mystery quilt that I am teaching the beginning of November, and it's been done for a while but needed to be quilted.  I've known I wanted to do a particular pantograph on it, and I also want to use the same panto for a baby quilt that I have to do for my friend's quilt.  I decided to do my quilt first to get more practice.  I've only done a couple of pantographs, and I still have a little trouble now and then following the lines.  Well this was a twin size quilt and it took me about 3 1/2 hours to quilt it (with a little ripping out in there!), and now I feel really proficient on the pantos.  I figured out how to do it and not be so wobbly, and I can really see how much nicer the design is.  I can't show you the quilt yet because it's a mystery quilt and no one knows what it looks like.  I know at least one person that reads this blog that doesn't need to see the quilt!

There's one block ... it's hard to see the quilting, but it's this pattern


 It came out really great and I am very happy with it.  Now tomorrow I hope to get two more quilts done in my stack of quilts that need to be quilted.

Now because I didn't get to show you that much of the quilting, I have a couple more pictures to share  My girlfriend, Kassie, gave me these cute spools for my birthday ...
I was so surprised.  She knows I love old stuff, and sewing, and she went on Craig's List and found all these old spools and she got a good deal.  I just love them.  So I put them on my fireplace mantel and I just love the way they look. 

At work whenever a holiday comes around we usually bring in a little gift to share with everyone we work with; so there are ten of us at work, which means 9 little gifts for halloween.  It is so fun.  Here's what Donna gave us all ...
Isn't he cute?  There were several different kinds, but I picked the owl.  I just can't believe how cute he is, and so I added him to my mantel too.  I need to get the rest of my halloween up ... sheesh, halloween is almost here and I am slacking on the decorating.  It is one of my favorite holidays and I have loads of halloween quilts.  I'll post some pictures later in the week!  Enjoy your weekend ...

No comments: