Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ugh ... applique!

It's 11:00 p.m., and I am so done with this project I just want to scream!!!  Ahhhh!!!!!  Okay, I feel better now.  I ran some errands today and had a doctor's appointment that took about 2 hours, but besides that, I've been doing applique.  Here's what I have so far ...
See all those little windowpanes?  The pattern called for reverse applique, but that seemed like more work, so I just did my regular spray starch method.  Everything is turned and ready to be sewn down except for the roof of the house.  That piece just has to be starched.  I am so ready to be done with this!

Here's the rest of the applique pieces ready to be glued down.  This is why we don't sell our quilts.  By the time I'm done with this one, my time is going to be worth about $500.00!!  I have to work tomorrow and then I have book group tomorrow night at my house.  I need to do a little straightening and surface cleaning before everyone gets here tomorrow.  Plus, I have almost no halloween decorations up and I wanted to get some hung, especially my halloween quilts.  I'm going to do some housework tomorrow a.m. before I leave for work.  I'll just do what I can.  If the quilts don't get hung and the decorating doesn't get done, it just won't.  Where did this month go?  I feel so behind.